I like to eat (obviously, if you know me). I'm like a teenaged boy when it comes to food. And the older I get, the less I'm expected to eat, especially since I'm a female. So it always amazes me when I encounter someone with a food sense greater than my own. Cameron has the gift.
A while back, it was late at night and the kids were asleep, and I got hungry while watching T.V. (I know, very strenuous. You can't judge.) I started to make something quiet, a peanut butter sandwich, and as I took the peanut butter out of the cabinet, the cabinet's door made a small squeak. I turned my back to get some bread, and when I turned around again, Cameron was standing right there behind me, and I jumped.
"What are you doing?"
"I think I'll have a sandwich, too."
"... Uh, weren't you asleep, Cameron?"
"Yeah. But I heard the cabinet door open."
And he proceeds to take the butter knife from me and makes himself a sandwich, eats it in two seconds, and then goes back to sleep.
You have to love a kid like that. And he's not even thirteen. Makes me feel a little better about my appetite.
Wednesday, August 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment