Monday, August 18, 2008

The Games

Cameron is obsessed with playing video games. He's been like this for years. He'll play them for hours and want you to watch him, play games with him, and buy him new games.

The whole game thing, I just don't understand. It's weird, and I can't say I like it that much. I mean, I think playing a game is okay for like five minutes, then I'm like, okay, this is actually kind of stupid. To me, it's like watching T.V., or pretty much doing anything for hours at a time. I get bored. And if you're one of those people still obsessed with games past the age of thirteen or something, it just gets kind of creepy.

But whatever. The point of it is, Cameron has reached game desperation at the age of 12 by trying to sell his stuff to get money for new game-related "things." His Nintendo DS broke somehow, and he's trying to get money to buy a new one. He just came up to me with this random cookie tin that he uses to put some of his cards in, and asked me, "Hey, uh, do you want this ... for three dollars?" "Um, no." "Okay, okay. You force me to raise my price to four dollars. Do you want it now?"

And now he's scavenging the house, looking for dropped quarters.

I took him and Layne to the library a couple of times because Layne likes to read. I asked him if he wanted any books, showing him some of the comic books. Cameron just gave me this look and said, "This is so lame. All these people here, in this place, to read." He couldn't comprehend an entire structure dedicated to the purpose of reading. And he kept looking around him like it totally freaked him out that people came to the library in mass numbers.

Haha.

Oh, kids.

No comments: